Thursday, January 5, 2012

Thanksgiving Fun

Over the month of November we focused solely on all things Thanksgiving related. We learned about Thanksgiving foods, Native Americans, Pilgrims, & why its important to always give thanks & be thankful for what we have. Be sure to get the boys' FAVORITE Thanksgiving treat: pumpkin chocolate chip muffins at the end of this blog!!

Though we learned about lots of different Thanksgiving things, turkeys seemed to show up everywhere!

 One of my favorites was a printable book I found at the Resource Center in our town. Brown Turkey, Brown Turkey, What Do You See? parallels Eric Carle's "Brown Bear Brown Bear" book, but full of super cute Thanksgiving things. The boys colored each page & insisted on reading it almost every day!
 Keller wanted in on all the coloring fun! That baby loves to color! Brady made this cute little turkey at church & said he wanted his blue because blue is favorite color.
I found this cute color by # turkey at 1+1+1=1.

And what kind of momma would I be if I didn't have some cute hand print turkeys!??!! :)
  
The boys enjoyed listening to this book we found at the Resource Center.

They really enjoyed painting their Native American vests & making their headbands with feathers, but not as much as they enjoyed running around the house pretending to be Indian warriors!
 

I think over the last couple of months I've made enough pumpkin chocolate chip muffins to feed an army!! My kids LOVE them!!
1st: mix the cake mix & can of pumpkin together. It looks like it won't mix but keep going it will! Add just a teeny bit of water to help moisten it so it'll mix easier, but not too much, a very little bit. I don't measure it, but maybe a tsp. Once it's mixed well add about 3/4 a bag of mini-chocolate chips. Fill cupcake liners about 3/4 full & bake on 350 for about 25-30 min.

THEY ARE SOOOO YUMMY!!!

I hope you & your family had an awesome Thanksgiving!

BLESSINGS!!!


1 comment: