Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Pumpkin Patch 2011

This year was by far my favorite trip to our local pumpkin patch! I'm not sure why I enjoyed this year so much more than the last ones, but we had a great time with out homeschool group.

 This time last year I was EXTREMELY preggo with Keller & thanks to a very bumpy hayride & a 2 year old stuck to my lap I ended up going into early labor!!! I spent the night & the entire next two days still as could be in the bed or in a warm bath guzzling water & taking Tylenol & Benadryl every few hours. Thankfully he stayed in a few more weeks! Now a year later, all 3 of my precious boys got to enjoy the hayride with me.
 Once we got the pumpkin patch they did not want to cooperate with me to get a good picture! They were only interested in finding their pumpkins!



 Rylan had a blast in the hay maze! Though instead of turning around he would just climb over the walls :)
 Every year Brady races to the pumpkin rope swings as soon as he picks his pumpkin. And every year he lets go & wipes out! No worries though, he never gets really hurt!
 Another huge hit this year was what the kids called "Hay Mountain."

Here's a video of the boys sliding down Hay Mountain.             















 I think this may the most decent picture of me with all 3 boys! I'm usually the one taking the pics so I'm never in them :/ That must change!

 Keller enjoyed the hay as well! He kept pulling it out with a look of sheer amazement. I wonder what he couldve been thinking!?
 The boys played with their friends pushing the pumpkin swing back forth to each other trying to hit one another with it. Their own version of dodge ball.
 After we finished at the pumpkin patch, hay mazes, & sunflower field we hopped back on the hay ride to see the many farm animals. They even have a Zedonk which is half donkey half zebra! Unfortunately Keller was cranky by this point so I missed that picture.


 HEre are the boys with their carved pumpkins. They liked the cutting, but didn't care for cleaning out the gooey stuff inside. Rylan goes outside everyday to talk to his pumpkin & asks if he can bring it inside to sleep with him. Of course I tell him no, but everynight after we read through our pumpkin prayer cards I let him go back outside to tell his pumpkin goodnight :) Got to love 3 year olds!

Did you go to the pumpkin patch or a corn maze with your family & blog about it? If so, feel free to link it up here! I would love to see all the pumpkin adventures!!


3 comments:

  1. Cute! I absolutely LOVE pumpkins!!!! We've been to two different ones this year already and want to go again. I love your pictures and glad you got to get in one, you're like me you're never in the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun!! We are going to try to go this weekend, but will see... Snow is actually in the forecast, yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your blog through FB. It looks like you had a great visit to the pumpkin patch!

    ReplyDelete