Wednesday, August 10, 2011

2010-2011 School Year Review


This year my sweet Brady began Kindergarten! We chose to use Heart Of Dakota's curriculum Little Hearts for His Glory. I absolutely LOVED it! Brady enjoyed the Bible stories, memory verses & all the projects we tried with it. We used Hooked On Phonics for Kindergarten for Reading & Brady did amazing! He LOVES to read which makes me VERY happy! HOD suggested using Singapore Math & we really enjoyed it too! Cute worksheets & activity ideas helped keep Brady interested & focused.


Though by mid-October I was 9 months pregnant & slap worn out between a Kindergartener, a 2 year old & all the other things on my daily to-do list. Though I adore HOD, we had to stop. We continued memorizing Scripture, our HOP Reading & Singapore Math. Sweet baby K came Nov 10 and we took a break until December. This was when I discovered Confessions of a Homeschooler! Her ideas seemed so fresh & fun I had to try them! Through her site I also found many other fun homeschooling blogs with amazing ideas to teach toddlers, prechoolers & big kids.


I wanted to go back to HOD but I hated that I was so far behind in the curriculum, so I just began doing it my way. :) Each week we focused on 2 alphabet letters & discovered new words that began with those letters, made crafts, ate foods starting with those letters, etc. It was so much fun! Both big boys really got into it!



Click on these links to see some of the incredibly fun stuff we did! Letters C & M Letters O & T Letters H & V



When the 2010-2011 school year began Rylan started out in our church's Mom's Morning Out program. I never felt settled about it & eventually took him out & brought him home to teach too. Thanks to Homeschool Creations & 1+1+1=1 I felt confident in doing so. I found many great ideas for teaching him & ensuring he had fun while doing it.





We've already began our 2011-2012 school year so stay tuned for all the cool things we will be doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment